Clogged drains are something that every homeowner will face at some point. Unfortunately, there is no way to avoid this problem completely.
There are several common causes of clogging toilets, sinks, and shower drains, especially grease traps, including hair, soap, toilet paper, dirt, food waste, FOD, small objects, and other debris.
Even the minerals dissolved in hard water and oil from hygienic products such as body scrubs and hair conditioners can cause an insoluble mass to form, eventually blocking your drain.
Fortunately, there are several ways to resolve the issue of regular plumbing or grease trap pumping in Bellevue. Let’s examine two common methods of cleaning pipes, hydro jetting in auburn (hydro flushing) and snaking.
What Is Hydro-jetting Cleaning?
The process of hydro jetting in Bellevue involves spraying a high-pressure stream of water down the drain pipe with a thin hose. The hose has a sprayer head to clean all drain pipe parts. This method is more thorough than drain snaking and is better for preventing drain blockages. Clogs can be removed with hydro jetting, and additional clogs can be prevented in the future. Hydro jetting, however, may not always be the best solution.
A hydro jet can exert a tremendous amount of pressure on some pipes. Drain snaking is often used instead to clean these. Most plumbers don’t use hydro jetting right away when a standard drain snake might work just as well for a grease trap in Olympia because it’s time-consuming and resource-intensive. Utilizing the right tool is the key to success. Individual experts will handle your situation differently.
Pros and Cons of Hydro Jetting
- Hydro jetting is highly effective: When cleaning out clogged sewer lines and maintaining a clean sewer line, high water pressure is one of the most effective methods. When a strong enough jet of water is used, tree roots can even be removed with the help of the jet.
- The versatility of hydro jetting is evident: When the PSI of the water pressure is high enough, the water pressure is strong enough to clear both domestic and commercial sewer lines.
- Excessive water pressure can damage some pipes: hydro jetting in Olympia can sometimes be too effective. A powerful stream of water may be too strong for older, fragile, or damaged pipes. The good news is that hydro jetting does not require any DIY skills. When a grease trap pumping in a federal way company offers hydro jetting services, they inspect pipes and determine whether they are strong enough to withstand hydro jetting.
What is Snaking?
It is the simplest and most effective way to unclog clogged drains. A drill is mounted on one end of a drain snake, and either a hand crank or a motor is mounted on the other. A plumber inserts the cord into the drain until it comes into contact with the blockage and then uses the drill to remove it.
Cleaning the average drain with snaking for your grease trap repair in Tacoma is quick and easy. Drain snakes are a common part of any plumber’s toolbox. There are, however, some disadvantages to the method. Snaking drains is not very useful as a proactive measure because it’s ineffective. Yes, it will clear most clogs except the most stubborn ones, but it isn’t as thorough as other options. Even if a drain is technically clear, some waste will likely be left in it after it has been snaked.
Pros and Cons of Snaking
- The snaking method has been historically effective: The method is a time-tested, proven method for clearing basic clogs in the sewer drains that have been around for quite some time.
- The process won’t damage fragile pipes: Snaking is relatively gentle and won’t damage older pipes.
- A snaking clog can only be cleared as wide as the first hole in a drill: The snaking method is useful to clear basic clogs in sewer lines and increase drainage speeds, but it is only a temporary fix for some problems.
Hydro jetting is more Effective than Snaking
Store-bought drain snakes are recommended over caustic chemical cleaners to clean drains. However, drain snakes do not provide thorough cleaning. Despite its ability to remove clogs, a motorized drain snake can’t compete with a hydro-jetter for complete cleaning power. Hydro jetting in a federal way by using high-pressure water removes grease and debris from drains.
It is possible to restore almost new conditions to a drainpipe or sewer line when using a hydro-jetter in the hands of a professional (and only professionals should use them). The debris left behind by a drain snake will allow build-up to start up again, whereas a hydro-jetter doesn’t leave anything behind but a smooth surface.
To avoid further damage and to make the situation worse, you should always get professional assistance. Experts can advise the best steps to take based on evaluating the situation.
Get in touch with West Coast Grease Traps immediately if your drain or grease trap in Seattle is clogged. Schedule an appointment with us. With our quick and efficient grease trap pumping in Seattle, we’ll get your drains free-flowing in no time.